1 January-31 March 2012
- Turnover amounted to SEK 975 million, which was 5% better than last year (SEK 928 million).
- Acquired units contributed by SEK 64 million in turnover and SEK -7.2 million after tax.
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 2.6 million (SEK 17.7 million).
- Result after tax amounted to SEK -8.2 million (SEK 5.7 million).
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK -0.13 (SEK 0.08).
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to SEK 45.0 million (SEK -142.6 million).
- Equity ratio amounted to 44.2% (44.0%).
- Net debt to equity ratio amounted to 83.8% (81.1%).
VIEWS ON 2012
For 2012 we expect a higher sales turnover and better result than the 2011 outcome.
Managing Director's comments
2012 started more or less as I expected. I am still optimistic, even if it is a difficult year to assess, and I am still worried about the development in Europe, especially in Southern Europe. If you take a closer look at the first quarter, the USA has been doing somewhat better than expected and promo sales in the Nordic countries are somewhat lower than expected. Otherwise, the development is more or less according to plan. It is essential to our full-year result that we have a descent second and fourth quarter.
Otherwise, I am very pleased with our organisation in all markets and is very comforting to have broad and stable management teams in place, especially in Asia and the USA, but of course also in Europe.
Thus, to sum it up, I am rather pleased with how the year has started and I am quite optimistic for the full year, even if we, as I have mentioned, are facing a very imponderable situation, not least in Europe.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Managing Director Torsten Jansson
Phone: +46 31 712 89 01
Deputy Managing Director Rolf Karp
Telefon: +46 31 712 89 05
Financial Manager Lars Jönsson
Phone: +46 31 712 89 12
The information in this report is that which New Wave Group is required to disclose under the Securities Exchange and Clearing Operations Act and/or the Financial Tradig Act. It was released for publication at 7 am (CET) on 26 April 2012.